Metro South Health is Australia’s first digital health service and the first health service in Australia to be recognised for excellence in person-centred care by Planetree International.
It’s also one of the largest in Queensland, with an estimated residential population of approximately one million people or 23 per cent of Queensland’s population.
This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro South Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
- Provide high quality social work assessment and intervention services, within a multidisciplinary team based on established principles and practices in accordance with the Australian Association of Social Work (AASW) Code of Ethics and AASW professional practice standards.
- Deliver clinical social work services to patients, their family members and carers.
- Ability to independently undertake routine social work assessment and intervention based on valid and reliable evidence, using knowledge of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) Code of Ethics, and AASW professional practice standards.
- Utilise knowledge and experience in networking, liaising and negotiating with government and non-government agencies to achieve negotiated health outcomes in accordance with medico-legal and district wide health service requirements.
- Develop clinical practice knowledge and expertise through active learning within the team, committing to a personal appraisal and development plan, and by engaging in professional development activities.
- Develop and promote the social work role through accountable multi-disciplinary team involvement, delivering in-services, professional education and facilitating student clinical placements.
- Assist the management of the day to day activities of the Social Work Department to ensure responsive and optimum coverage of Social Work services to targeted patient/client groups.
- Take responsibility for compliance with the ongoing requirements for safe effective and efficient workplace services. This will include participation in performance appraisal, clinical supervision, professional development and mandatory training.
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Metro South employee you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for our people and our community. We encourage people of all genders, races, ages and abilities to apply for roles within our Health Service.
You can find out more about why it’s so great to work at Metro South here: www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au