This position collaborates with patients/clients/residents and other members of the interdisciplinary team to identify and asses trends and patterns that have implications for patients/clients/residents, families and communities; develops and implement population and evidence based strategies to improve health and participates in policy-making activities that influence health services and practices. The position participates in peer review and self review to evaluate the outcome of services at the patient/client/resident, community and population level
Education, Training And Experience
Skills And Abilities
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with patients/clients/residents and families about health findings, diagnosis, treatment, self-care and prognosis.
- Ability to collaborate, consult with and formally refer patients/clients/residents to physicians and other health professionals when appropriate.
- Ability to critically assess and evaluate health research literature to determine best practices ability to introduce education and evidence based research.
- Ability to assess and recognize population health trends ability to plan and implement strategies for population based prevention and health promotion.
- Ability to implement and evaluate planned change.
- Ability to supervise other and evaluate the care they deliver.
- Ability to lead a team and work within a team.
- Ability to self-direct, interact, and adapt effectively with other professionals in complex, dynamic situations.
- Ability to transfer knowledge, teach, coach and mentor others.
- Ability to identify and respond appropriately to legal and ethical issues that may arise in patient/client/resident care.
- Ability to self-assess performance an assume responsibility and accountability for own professional development, educational or consultative assistance when appropriate.
- Physical ability carry out the duties of the position.