If you are a caring and skilled individual who enjoys working with seniors, we want to hear from you! We are looking for a casual Administrative Assistant for Brandt’s Creek Mews, our long term care senior care community in Kelowna, BC.
Benefits of working for Vantage Living:
- Extended benefits. 100% Employer funded benefit plan available for full and part-time staff who work more than 20 hours/week.
- Work/life balance. Flexible schedules to support your work-life balance.
- Local. Locally owned and operated, supporting the community.
- Modern. Beautiful, modern communities that inspire lifestyle.
- Were cool. A fun and vibrant company culture!
- Greets families and visitors. Provides information, assistance and support as needed;
- Under the direction of manager, schedules replacement staff for unscheduled absences and workload requirements in accordance with the master rotation and provisions of the collective agreement;
- Under the director of the Site Leader, maintains master rotations, weekly schedules, call in sheets and leave requests for all areas. Accurately documents scheduling calls & responses;
- Posts staff schedules for all functional areas within required time frames. Receives and processes payroll reports and submits to payroll office;
- Organizes meetings and care conferences as requested, takes meeting minutes and books required travel;
Receives couriers and deliveries. Establishes and maintains effective paper and electronic document filing systems;
- Answers external and internal telephone calls in a friendly, respectful and professional manner. Transfers or redirects callers appropriately. Responds to calls for general inquiries with accurate information;
- Provides support and assistance to the management on confidential and sensitive issues requiring discretion including communications, document preparation / storage and dissemination of information; and
Performs other duties as assigned.
To Be Considered:
- Medical Office Assistant or Administrative Assistant Certification or equivalent combination of experience, education and knowledge;
- Extensive MS Office, Outlook and Excel expertise;
- Strong English language skills, understanding of medical terminology an asset;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Friendly disposition, personable and able to build harmonious working relationships with clients, families, colleagues, business partners & members of the general public;
- Able to multi-task, handle changing priorities & work under pressure; and
- Staffing & scheduling experience in a 24 hour environment an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.